SPD Offers Faculty and Staff Development via Starlink
Full time and part time faculty and staff have access to the entire catalog of Starlink courses, webinars, and leadership training. There are hundreds of hours of high quality professional development accessible 24/7 with any internet connection. Monthly webinar series are also available and will be announced in the SPD weekly announcement.
To view Starlink videos, follow the instructions below:
- Go to starlinktraining.org and click on “Get Started” tab at the top. You will see a drop down menu; if you already have an account, you can simply login at the prompt.
- Click “First Time User” and fill out the registration by using your pensacolastate.edu email as your username. (Note: you do not need your employee ID to set up an account – you can leave that field blank)
- Click “Register”. You will receive an email from STARLINK to verify your account. Once you click the verification in your email, you are ready to use STARLINK.
- If you would like to receive in-service professional development credit, please complete the SPD Professional Development Activity Form. All Starlink sessions qualify for professional development but only announced workshops will appear on your Spyglass transcript.
Juanita Scott, (850) 484-1953 or (850) 484-1754, email@example.com
Professional Development Transcript
You can access your professional development transcript via Spyglass. Sign into Spyglass and select “Transcript” from the menu. Your unofficial transcript will be displayed.
Register for Professional Development Activities
You can register for college-sponsored professional development via Spyglass. As a reminder, to ensure that the session you are attending appears on your transcript, please sign the attendance roster provided.
If you have never registered for an SPD in-service workshop via Spyglass, you must complete the Non Credit Enrollment Form. Once you have completed this form, you can access Spyglass and register for in-service workshops.
- Kelly Services employees and adjunct instructors should contact the SPD office once the Non-credit Enrollment Form is complete and a student ID number is established
- Use your employee ID to sign into Spyglass
- Remember to select “Employee-SPD” for the current term
- You can print your trial schedule and transcript directly from Spyglass
- You can drop a workshop using the “Drop Course” link
- If you need assistance with your PIN number, please contact the Help Desk at 484-1600
- If you need additional assistance with registration, please contact SPD at 484-1754.
The next Spring Non-Instructional Duty Day is Friday, January 4, 2019. Schedule of events will be posted soon.
Online Professional Development
- Getting Results – This online course funded by the National Science Foundation has been created especially for community college educators. It focuses on pedagogical best practices as well as teaching with technology and assessment.
- Starlink – View teleconferences that were previously broadcast live which deal with a variety of education topics.
For assistance accessing these resources please contact our office at (850) 484-1754.
Professional Development Programs
- Customized Department Training
- New Faculty Orientation
- New Employee Orientation
- Summer Institute
- Fall Institute
- Adjunct Incentive Plan
- Adjunct Orientation
- Cultural Awareness Training
Initial Credentialing – Information regarding Initial Credentialing can be found in the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
eLearning – eLearning sessions are available through the eLearning Department. All eLearning sessions are also listed on the SPD calendar. CLICK HERE to visit to the eLearning website.
Fall & Spring Training Calendar – A schedule of in-service workshops, webinars and specialized training sessions provided college-wide.
Professional Development Day
Pensacola State College Professional Development Day is a half day event to provide faculty and staff with opportunities to network, share best practices and attend meaningful training sessions. The wide range of breakout sessions are designed to be engaging while meeting the needs of faculty and staff. The event is open to all PSC employees.
Professional Development Day Schedule – March 8th (Coming Soon)
Do you have a session idea? Tell us about it. Complete the Proposal to Present form and a follow up will be sent to you regarding your idea. You can also email Juanita Scott at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Professional Development Dates for the 2018/2019 Academic Year
Fall Semester – Friday, October 26, 2018
Spring Semester – Friday, March 8, 2018
Proposal to Present
Please complete the Proposal to Present form if you or someone you would recommend is interested in conducting a workshop during Professional Development Day. All proposals will be considered. However, presentation space and time are limited and you will be notified whether or not your proposal is selected. All proposals must be submitted no later than September 28th for the October 26th Professional Development Day and January 25th for the March 8th Professional Development Day.
Selected sessions will also be available via Zoom. Zoom is a meeting tool that allows you to attend a session from the convenience of your workstation.
- To access Zoom, simply click on the Zoom designated session link at the scheduled time to listen and view the session from your computer.
- Sessions will become available 5 minutes before the workshop is scheduled to begin.
- In order to avoid distractions, please make sure your phone is muted when being connected to the training session.
- If you have a question, it may be submitted to the host in the chat function of the meeting.
Presenters will be provided a separate set of log-in instructions.
Register via Spyglass for all Professional Development Day sessions.
- After logging into Spyglass, select the “Register” button from the list on the left.
- Select “S” – EMPLOYEE SPD (under the appropriate semester,) and click the “Continue” button.
- Type the workshop section number in the box and click the “Add Now” button.
- Be sure to confirm your workshop selections before leaving Spyglass.
Attendees must sign-in to each session to ensure your attendance is properly documented and appropriate professional development credit is provided. Seating is limited in several sessions therefore seats are reserved for those employees who have registered by the deadline.
- Registration deadline for the October 26th event is Wednesday, October 24th
- Registration deadline for the March 8th event is Wednesday, March 6th
Note: If you are a new instructor or Kelly Services employee and have trouble logging on to Spyglass, most likely you will need to fill out the non-credit application first. The Information and form can be found at the link below:
Previous Professional Development Day Schedule
Professional Development Day Survey
A survey will be sent electronically to all employees following the event. Your feedback is important as our goal is to identify ways to enhance the program and make certain it continues to be a relevant and worthwhile experience.
For information regarding Professional Development Day, please contact SPD at (850) 484-1754 or (850) 484-1953.