Pensacola State FAFSA Code:
Summer Term 2015 (Session A, B, C and D)
Tuition & fees are due on:
- Fee payment due date: 05/08/2015
Fall Term 2015 (Session A, B, C and D)
Tuition & fees are due on:
- Fee payment due date #1: 07/22/2015
- Fee payment due date #2: 08/11/2015
- Apply early every year
- Make the grade
- Understand the financial aid programs
- Understand the Financial Aid Standards of Academic Progress
- Seek many scholarships Borrow responsibly – there are limits on loans
- Stay on track toward your degree – there are limits to financial aid
- Enroll in only those courses required for your degree
- Pay attention to deadlines – it could cost you money
- Read all communications from the College via Pirate Mail
- Bright Futures recipients must File FAFSA
|Program||Funding Source||FAFSA Required||Separate Application with Pensacola State College||Basis||Min. Enrollment (Required in major)||Information|
|Pell Grant||Federal||Yes||No||Need||Varies by EFC||LINK|
|Supplemental Education Opportunity Grant||Federal||Yes||No||Need||Varies||LINK|
|Work Study||Federal||Yes||Yes||Need||6 credit hours||LINK|
|Stafford Direct Loans||Federal||Yes||Yes||6 credit hours||LINK|
|First Generation in College||State||Yes||No||Need||6 credit hours||LINK|
|Florida Academic Scholar – Bright Futures||State||Yes||No||Merit||6 credit hours||LINK|
|Florida Medallion Scholar – Bright Futures||State||Yes||No||Merit||6 credit hours||LINK|
|Florida Gold Seal Vocational – Bright Futures||State||Yes||No||Merit||6 credit hours||LINK|
|Florida Student Assistant Grant||State||Yes||No||Need||6 credit hours||LINK|
|Florida Student Assistant Grant – CE||State||Yes||No||Need||6 credit hours||LINK|
|Florida Work Experience Program||State||Yes||Yes||Need||6 credit hours||LINK|
|Other State Programs||State||Varies||No||Varies||6 credit hours||LINK|
|Pensacola State College Academic Scholarships||Institutional||Yes||Yes||Merit||12 credit hours||LINK|
|Pensacola State College Foundation Scholarships||Institutional||No||Yes||Varies||Varies||LINK|
Financial Aid FAQ’s
- Be accepted as a Pensacola State College degree-seeking student taking courses required for their AA, AAS, AS, or baccalaureate degree program or be accepted as a Pensacola State College certificate-seeking student in an eligible Vocational Certificate Program.
- Be making satisfactory academic progress for financial aid purposes (FASAP).
- Be a U.S. citizen, permanent resident alien, or an eligible noncitizen.
- Enroll at least half-time (six credit hours) to be eligible for most aid programs.
- Not be in default on a prior student loan.
- Not owe a repayment or overpayment of a Federal grant.
- Not have a resisting financial obligation to Pensacola State College.
- Be registered for Selective Service, if required.
- Have a standard high school diploma or GED certificate (or if previously enrolled in an eligible program prior to 1 July 2012 meet Federal Ability to Benefit (ATB) test score guidelines, or have successfully completed 6 college level credits with a grade of C or better). College Placement Tests (CPT-ATB) scores of 55, Sentence Skills 60, and Arithmetic 34 are minimum required scores.
- Not have been convicted for sale or possession of illegal drugs during a term in which they received Title IV federal financial aid.