First time in college – students who have never attended any college or university
Admissions Checklist for First Time in College students
1. Apply for admission
- Complete the application online or submit an application to any campus location.
- For more information on residency guidelines and a list of acceptable documentation, click here.
- Pay the $30 application fee.
- Applicants who provide an email address when applying online to PSC will receive an immediate email from the College. Once the application fee is paid (online, mail, or in-person), you will receive an acceptance letter.
2. Activate your Spyglass and Pirate Mail
- Login to your Spyglass account to access your student records, register and pay for classes, check your financial aid status, and more.
- Pirate Mail is the official method of communication used by college administration and faculty and it is your responsibility to check your college email regularly.
3. Request transcripts
- Submit official high school transcripts or GED All high school or GED transcripts must be received before financial aid will be awarded. (The Admissions/Records Office will request high school transcripts for students who graduated from a Florida public high school.)
- If you attended a high school outside the United States you may use the approved translation services if necessary.
4. Apply for financial aid
- Apply for financial aid.
- For assistance filing the FAFSA, contact the Educational Opportunity Center.
- Click here to view short videos on all aspects of financial aid.
- Check the status of your Student Aid Report.
- Check your Spyglass and Pirate Mail accounts frequently for financial aid notifications and award information. All transcripts must be received and evaluated before aid will be awarded. Contact the Financial Aid Office if you have questions.
5. Submit test scores
- Submit current official test scores (ACT, SAT, or PERT), take appropriate placement tests, or show proof of exemption.
6. Attend a START session.
- Student Transition with Advising & Resource Training or S.T.A.R.T. is the best opportunity for you to get in-depth, detailed information about your personal portal, Spyglass and the college email system, Pirate Mail. Learn about Free Student Resources to prepare you for being successful at PSC! Get help choosing the best class schedule for your first semester and make sure you have enough time to get financial aid and other business taken care of before classes begin!
7. Attend a SOAR Orientation.
- Join the Pirate Family and SOAR at PSC! Student Orientation, Advising and Registration.
All First-Time in College Students and their Families are encouraged to attend our upcoming fun and informative S.O.A.R. sessions.
8. Pay fees and purchase textbooks
- Pay your tuition fees through Spyglass, in the cashier’s office, or by mail.
- Rent or purchase textbooks online or at Milton, Pensacola, or Warrington Campuses.
9. Get your Student ID Card and decal
- Bring a copy of your class schedule, vehicle registration, and photo ID to the Public Safety Department on any campus to get your free ID card and parking decal.
For questions please email us at AskUs@pensacolastate.edu
or call the Admissions Office at (850) 484-2544.
Pensacola Campus(850) 484-2544