Career and Technical Education (CTE) Student Resources

20171 Book Request (.pdf form)

The deadline to apply for books for the Spring term (20172) is December 1st, 2016. In order to apply for books for the spring term, we must have an active file for you in the CTE Student Resources office at least one term prior to the book request. In other words, you cannot complete the CTE student intake/eligibility process and apply for books at the same time.

CTE Application

CTE Eligibility Form

CTE Student Resources provides free services to students enrolled in career and technical education programs such as associate of science, associate of applied science, and certificate programs.

Students must meet at least one of the following requirements:

  • Economically disadvantaged single parent
  • Student training for a career that is nontraditional for their gender
  • Disabled
  • Displaced homemaker
  • Limited English proficient

To join CTE Student Resources, you must first complete an application and complete all assesments in My Career Shines.

CTESR Applications will be processed beginning July 5, 2016 thru August 12, 2016. Please fill out the application in its entirety then submit to the CTE office by the due date. No late applications will be accepted.

  • Please call 850.484.2163 if you have any questions..

Workforce Education

Provides information on career and technical programs at Pensacola State College as well as useful employability skills tips. Click here to find out more. 



Thank you,

CTE Staff

CTE Frequently Asked Questions

What are the free services offered by CTE?

We want to make sure that our clients have the resources they need to start and stay in college, so CTE free services include: textbook loans, personal and professional development materials, career assessments, tutoring, scholarship information, and access to computers in our resource room on the Pensacola campus.

Your eligibility for one or more of these services is based on several factors, such as financial need and the availability of resources.

Sometimes, students come to us with special needs. If you are a single parent, a displaced homemaker, a student with limited English language proficiency, or if you have a disability we may be able to help you identify campus and community resources to address your needs.

We will also periodically Pirate email you information and notices about scholarship opportunities and important events. We will only use your Pensacola State College Pirate Email address.

How do you know if you are eligible to join CTE Student Resources?

To be eligible to join, you must be enrolled in (or have applied for admission to) an Associate of Science or an Associate of Applied Science or a Certificate program at Pensacola State College. Examples of these programs include the A.S. in Nursing, the Vocational Certificate in Medical Assisting, and the A.A.S. in Dental Hygiene. To see if your program of study (or major) qualifies, check to see what degree will be awarded upon completion of the graduation requirements; you can use the current Pensacola State College college catalog or view all programs offered at Pensacola State College.

What is career and technical education?

Career and technical education programs prepare students to enter the workforce with the academic and vocational skills needed to compete successfully in the job market; and they typically include competency-based learning. At Pensacola State College, these programs are awarded the Associate of Science (A.S.), the Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S.), or a Vocational or College Certificate. Please refer to the current Pensacola State College Catalog for a complete listing of career and technical education programs.

If you have not yet decided on a career, CTE will provide free career assessments to help you make a decision. These assessments will help you understand your interest, values, and aptitudes as they relate to work. We can also provide professionally prepared occupational profiles for careers you may be considering. Pensacola State College students are also strongly encouraged to use the college’s Center For Advising and Career Services; learn more about this at the Center For Advising and Career Services.

Who is a nontraditional student?

Nontraditional refers to occupations or fields of work for which individuals from one gender make up less than 25% of the total number of people employed in that field (such as a male nurse or a female auto mechanic). Programs which qualify students to work in a nontraditional field are considered to be nontraditional programs.

Who is a displaced homemaker?

A “displaced homemaker” is an adult who is unemployed or underemployed and who has worked primarily without pay to care for a home and family. When you complete the application for membership in CTE, you will answer a series of questions to determine if this applies to you. If you are a displaced homemaker, we may be able to help you identify campus and community resources to address your needs.

Contact Us

Bldg 6 Rm 641
Email Career and Technical Education (CTE):