- Car Start & Key Assistance (for PSC Students & Employees only and only while on campus)
- Police escorts, if desired, to ensure safety to and from classes at night
- DOE – Campus Security Data Analysis Website
- Safety Tips
- Campus Safety and Security Policies
- Drug Free Campus
In order to receive your parking decal, you will need to show your vehicle registration and proof that you are a Pensacola State College student or employee (ID card or a paid fee schedule).
All motor vehicles operated on Pensacola State College Campuses must be registered with the Pensacola State College Police Department. This includes all full-time students, part-time students, employees, faculty and staff.
- Parking decals should be obtained when the student completes the course registration process or when the employee begins working for the college.
- Decals are not transferable. Employee decals do not expire and only need to be renewed when they become illegible or worn. Student decals have the expiration date printed on them.
- Decals must be affixed to the lower right hand corner of the rear window OR on the right rear bumper (passenger side).
Please fill out the Vehicle Decal Registration Form and return it to the Office of Public Safety at the campus nearest you.
The PSC Department of Public Safety offers a voluntary bicycle registration program for all students and employees. Bring your bicycle to the Public Safety Office on any campus or center and they will record its identifying information. This information will be available to Law Enforcement should your bicycle be stolen.
The best chance at recovering a stolen bicycle is by having a registered serial number. These numbers are used by police across the nation. You will need the manufacturer’s serial number to register your bike.
Serial numbers are typically located under the bottom bracket where the two pedal cranks meet. Simply turn your bike upside-down and record the number you see located between the pedal cranks. If there is no serial number there, then check places like the headset at the front of the bike or the rear stays.
Please fill out and return the Bicycle Registration Form to the Office of Public Safety on the campus nearest you.
Laws You Need To Know
According to the Florida Uniform Traffic Control Laws (FUTC), bicycles are legally treated the same as vehicles [316.003(2)]. Therefore, cyclists have the same rights and duties on the reads as any other drivers, except concerning special regulations specifically for bicycles. [316.2065(1)].
- If you ride between sunset and sunrise, make sure your bike is equipped with working lamps on front which is visible from at least 500 ft. and a red light on the rear visible from 600 ft. [316.2065(8)].
- A cyclist must obey all applicable traffic control devices (traffic signals, signs and markings) [316.074].
- If the roadway is of sufficient width, a vehicle must be driven on the right half of the roadway [316.081].
- A cyclist may not wear a headset, headphone or listening device other than a hearing aid, while riding. [316.304].
- It is unlawful to drive any vehicle (bicycle) while under the influence of alcohol or drugs [316.193].
- All students and employees operating motor vehicles on any Pensacola State College campus must register their vehicles at the time of class registration or upon employment. Register in the Pensacola State College Public Safety Department on any Pensacola State College campus.
- Registered vehicles will be issued a Pensacola State College parking decal. To obtain a decal, the student must present a current student identification card (or receipt for fees paid) and a current vehicle registration. There is no charge for parking decals. Vehicle registration procedures apply to part-time as well as full-time students and employees.
- The decal shall be permanently affixed to the rear window (right side) or rear bumper (right side) so that permit is clearly visible from behind. Motorcycles and similar vehicles shall display the permit on the rear of the vehicle so that it is clearly visible from behind.
- If a decal is lost, becomes illegible, or is invalid due to expiration, it is the student’s or employee’s responsibility to immediately register the vehicle.
- Decals are non-transferable.
- The person who registered a vehicle and was issued a decal for it is, at all times, responsible for that vehicle, regardless of who is driving the vehicle. If the vehicle is sold, the decal should be removed.
- Parking decals are subject to revocation by the administration in the event of repeated violations of campus parking and traffic regulations.
- Handicapped parking will be by decal issued by the state of Florida only. Contact the Pensacola State College Public Safety Department for additional information
- The parking and traffic regulations apply to motorcycles, motor scooters, and mopeds, just as they apply to other vehicles.
- Motorized vehicles operated by Pensacola State College employees are permitted to operate on campus sidewalks, as are vehicles for disabled persons. Pedestrians will always have the right of way.
- Every operator and passenger of a motorcycle or motor scooter shall wear a DOT approved safety helmet while the vehicle is in motion.
- College vehicles on emergency business are exempt from the rules in this section.
- Skateboarding, skating, rollerblading, and riding scooters are prohibited on any Pensacola State College campus area.
- The College assumes no responsibility for any damage to motor vehicles, or for any other loss, while the car is driven or parked on campus.
- During special events, certain parking or driving areas may be restricted.
- Bicycles are not allowed to be brought inside Pensacola State College buildings at any time
- A students may appeal a motor vehicle and parking ticket violation through the Student Leadership and Activities Office on the appropriate campus.
- The student must appeal the ticket violation within ten (10) class days after receiving the ticket. Any appeal received after this time will not be considered.
- There must be justifiable reasons for the appeal process to be initiated. The Student Government Association Traffic/Parking Appeals Committee will review the appeal.
- The SGA Traffic/Parking Appeals Committee will either uphold the issuance of the ticket or recommend that the ticket be rescinded.
- The Director of Student Conduct will review the SGA Traffic/Parking Appeals Committee’s recommendation. The decision of the Director for Student Conduct is final.
The Silent Witness form is NOT to be used to report an emergency situation.
Sometimes individuals find themselves in a situation where they have knowledge of situations or behaviors that are illegal, threatening, have potential to be dangerous or just make you feel uncomfortable. The Silent Witness report is made available to the Pensacola State College Police Department to make it possible for you to report such situations and remain anonymous.
The technology used by the form on our “Silent Witness” form page ensures your anonymity. After filling out the form your comments are sent via the server to the PSC Police Department. No information regarding the campus workstation, your logon ID, email address is included in the email. In filling out this form, you are guaranteed to remain completely anonymous. If you have any information which could assist the PSC Police, please consider becoming a “Silent Witness”.
Send A Silent Witness Report
Federal and State law requires a person designated as a “sexual offender” to register with the Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE). The FDLE is then required to provide this notification to the local law enforcement agency where the registrant resides or where the registrant attends or is employed by a college or university.
Pensacola State College Police Department is responsible for advising members of the campus community on how to obtain information on sexual offenders on our campuses. Campus sexual offender information can be obtained from this website.
For information on current sexual offenders on Pensacola State College Campuses, follow this link to the Florida Department of Law Enforcement Sexual Offender database and click “University Search” then choose “Pensacola State College” and choose which campus you are interested in. This will give you and updated list of Sexual Offenders and Predators that are currently enrolled or employed at Pensacola State College.
Phone / Tipline: (850) 484-2500
Sexual offender information in general can be obtained by visiting the FDLE website (www.fdle.state.fl.us) or by calling the FDLE hotline (1 888 357-7332). You can determine the names of sexual offenders living in your neighborhood by placing your zip code in the required area on the FDLE website.
Pensacola State College’s Public Safety department produces an Annual Security and Fire Safety Report (ASR) that discloses annual crime and disciplinary statistics as required by the Clery Act.
|CASE NUMBER||REPORTED DATE||REPORTED TIME||OCCURRED DATE||OCCURRED TIME||GENERAL LOCATION||DISPOSITION|
|No Reportable Crimes||03/14/2017|
|No Reportable Crimes||03/13/2017|
|No Reportable Crimes||03/12/2017|
|No Reportable Crimes||03/11/2017|
|No Reportable Crimes||03/10/2017|
|Issue Trespass Warning, Information Only||PJC17OFF000054||03/09/2017||11:17||03/09/2017||11:17||P/B02||Active|
|No Reportable Crimes||03/08/2017|
|No Reportable Crimes||03/05/2017|
|No Reportable Crimes||03/04/2017|
|Field Interview||PJC17OFF000051||03/03/2017||12:17||03/03/2017||12:17||P/College Blvd.||Active|
|No Reportable Crimes||03/02/2017|
|No Reportable Crimes||03/01/2017|
|No Reportable Crimes||02/26/2017|
|No Reportable Crimes||02/25/2017|
|Disturbance, Information Only||PJC17OFF000046||02/24/2017||11:57||02/24/2017||11:57||P/B11||Closed-Cleared|
|Citizen Complaint, Information Only||PJC17OFF000044||02/23/2017||17:51||02/22/2017||16:38||P/B05||Inactive-Other|
|Disturbance, Information Only||PJC17OFF000039||02/22/2017||11:07||02/22/2017||11:00-11:07||W/B3400||Closed-Cleared|
|Criminal Mischief||PJC17OFF000040||02/22/2017||12:12||02/22/2017||12:12||P/ Lot J||Inactive-Other|
|Citizen Complaint, Information Only||PJC17OFF000043||02/22/2017||14:45||02/21/2017||11:00-17:00||W/B3600||Closed-Cleared|
|Suspicious Person||PJC17OFF000034||02/20/2017||07:19||02/20/2017||07:19||P/ Lot C||Closed-Cleared|
|Petit Theft||PJC17OFF000035||02/20/2017||12:53||02/20/2017||12:30||SSR Center||Active|
|No Reportable Crimes||02/19/2017|
|No Reportable Crimes||02/18/2017|
|No Reportable Crimes||02/17/2017|
|No Reportable Crimes||02/16/2017|
|Possession-Misdemeanor, Marijuanna Possession, Narcotic Equipment Possession||PJC17OFF000033||02/15/2017||13:16||02/15/2017||13:16||W/Lot C||Closed-Cleared|
|No Reportable Crimes||02/14/2017|
|Other Administration Duties||PJC17OFF000032||02/13/2017||14:17||02/13/2017||14:17||W/B3400||Closed-Unfounded|
|No Reportable Crimes||02/12/2017|
|No Reportable Crimes||02/11/2017|
|No Reportable Crimes||02/10/2017|
|Grand Theft||PJC17OFF000030||02/09/2017||08:04||02/09/2017||08:04||P/B03||Warrant Process|
|Stalking, Public Peace||PJC17OFF000029||02/08/2017||08:09||02/06/17-02/08/17||11:10-12:10||P/B12||Closed-Cleared|
|No Reportable Crimes||02/07/2017|
|No Reportable Crimes||02/06/2017|
|No Reportable Crimes||02/05/2017|
|No Reportable Crimes||02/04/2017|
|Disturbance, Information Only||PJC17OFF000028||02/03/2017||16:35||02/03/2017||16:35||P/B24||Closed-Cleared|
|No Reportable Crimes||02/02/2017|
|Disturbance, Information Only||PJC17OFF000024||02/01/2017||09:22||02/01/2017||09:22||W/B3400||Closed-Cleared|
|Petit Theft||PJC17OFF000020||01/31/2017||12:16||01/31/2017||12:16||P/B05||Closed-Leads Exhausted|
|Issue Trespass Warning, Information Only||PJC17OFF000021||01/31/2017||14:09||01/31/2017||14:09||P/B12||Closed-Cleared|
|No Reportable Crimes||01/30/2017|
|No Reportable Crimes||01/29/2017|
|No Reportable Crimes||01/28/2017|
|Criminal Mischief, Damage Property||PJC17OFF000018||01/27/2017||07:53||01/27/2017||07:53||P/B05||Closed-Cleared|
|Possession-Misdemeanor, Marijuanna Possession||PJC17OFF000013||01/25/2017||08:02||01/25/2017||08:02||P/B11||Closed-Cleared|
|Petit Theft||PJC17OFF000014||01/25/2017||10:00||01/24/17-01/25/17||09:00-07:00||P/B20||Closed-Leads Exhausted|
|Issue Trespass Warning||PJC17OFF000009||01/24/2017||13:54||01/24/2017||13:54||PSC, Bell Tower||Closed-Cleared|
|Criminal Mischief, Damage Property||PJC17OFF000011||01/24/2017||14:55||01/24/2017||06:00-10:00||P/B02||Active|
|Citizen Complaint, Information Only||PJC17OFF000012||01/24/2017||18:14||01/24/2017||18:14||P/B05||Closed-Cleared|
|No Reportable Crimes||01/23/2017|
|No Reportable Crimes||01/22/2017|
|No Reportable Crimes||01/21/2017|
|Citizen Complaint, Information Only||PJC17OFF000008||01/20/2017||14:17||01/20/2017||14:17||P/Lot D||Closed-Cleared|
|No Reportable Crimes||01/19/2017|
|No Reportable Crimes||01/18/2017|
|No Reportable Crimes||01/17/2017|
|No Reportable Crimes||01/16/2017|
|No Reportable Crimes||01/15/2017|
|No Reportable Crimes||01/14/2017|
|No Reportable Crimes||01/13/2017|
|Grand Theft Auto||PJC17OFF000006||01/11/2017||12:38||01/11/2017||12:38||P/Lot U||Active|
|Lost Property, Information Only||PJC17OFF000005||01/10/2017||15:14||01/10/2017||15:14||P/B01||Closed-Unfounded|
|No Reportable Crimes||01/08/2017|
|No Reportable Crimes||01/07/2017|
|No Reportable Crimes||01/06/2017|
|Issue Trespass Warning||PJC17OFF000003||01/05/2017||08:44||01/05/2017||08:44||P/B09||Closed-Cleared|
|No Reportable Crimes||01/02/2017|
|No Reportable Crimes||01/01/2017|
Police Officer Assistance
All Campuses: (850) 484.2500