Student Excellence Awards honor students for their impressive achievements in academics, service, leadership, or volunteerism. Students are given medallions with colored ribbons, each color representing the different award categories. Medallions are worn to graduation as part of regalia to further celebrate their achievements. For more information, and to view 2020 recipients, please click the link below:
All students are eligible for academic achievement recognition at Commencement Ceremonies. Grade point averages are based on all credit hours attempted at Pensacola State College combined with transfer credits from other institutions attended including courses not used for the degree awarded. Associate degree students and baccalaureate students will graduate with honors according to three honors categories:
- Cum Laude will be awarded to students with a cumulative GPA between 3.50–3.74.
- Magna Cum Laude will be awarded to students with a cumulative GPA between 3.75–3.99.
- Summa Cum Laude will be awarded to students with a cumulative grade point average of 4.0.
The determination of the three honors categories (Summa Cum Laude, Magna Cum Laude, and Cum Laude) for the commencement ceremony is based on the cumulative grade point average at the end of the student’s last semester of enrollment prior to the semester of graduation. Students who have met the criteria for honors prior to their semester of graduation will be eligible for the honors cords at the graduation ceremony.
The transcript is the final and official record of a student’s standing at the time of graduation. A student meeting the honors criteria at the time of graduation and after the official analysis of graduation eligibility will have the appropriate notation affixed to the official transcript and on the diploma, degree, or certificate awarded.
Two academic honors lists are published on our website under Current Students at the end of the fall and spring terms of each academic year. These lists recognize students who have achieved outstanding grade point averages for the semester. To be eligible for the lists, students must be in good academic standing at Pensacola State College as outlined in the Standards of Academic Progress in this Catalog.
- The President’s List: Full-time students (12 credit hours or more per term) who earn an overall GPA of 4.0 for the semester.
- Dean’s List: Full-time students (12 credit hours or more per term) who earn an overall GPA of 3.5–3.9 for the semester.