Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN) ProgramView Course Requirements My Academic Plan- 2 year (MAP2) My Academic Plan- 3 year (MAP3)
Dean, Health Sciences
The Baccalaureate nursing program at Pensacola State College at the Warrington campus located in Pensacola, Florida is accredited by the:
Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN)
3390 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 1400, Atlanta, GA 30326
The most recent accreditation decision made by the ACEN Board of Commissioners for the Baccalaureate nursing program is Continuing Accreditation.
View the public information disclosed by the ACEN regarding this program at
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education 655 K Street, NW, Suite 750, Washington, DC 20001, Phone: 202.887.6791
Documents & Links
- Application | Baccalaureate Programs ( BAS / BSN )
- BSN | RN to BSN Information Packet
- BSN | RN to BSN Program Outcomes
- BSN | RN to BSN Program Requirements
- Master Schedules of Clinical Rotations
- BSN | RN to BSN: Complete Textbook List
- Hospital Orientation Info
- Health Sciences Learning Center
- PSC announces fees for allied health, nursing, truck driver programs
Related News Posts
Search For Another Program
Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN) Program
The mission of the RN to BSN program is to provide quality educational opportunities for students seeking to enter or advance in the nursing profession. The RN to BSN program is committed to creating a learning environment that fosters academic, personal and professional growth by supporting the professional nursing standards of care to meet health care needs of the community.
The RN to BSN program is designed to prepare the graduate of an Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN) program, who already holds a Registered Nursing (RN) license, with additional skills in management, leadership, theory, research, and evidence-based practice to succeed and be promoted within the nursing profession. The BSN graduate will be qualified for supervisory jobs such as nurse manager and other advanced bedside clinical care jobs. He or she will also be qualified to pursue a master’s degree in nursing. Courses are offered online to accommodate the working student, with two (2) one-credit hour practicum courses that allow the student to spend a specified number of hours at a facility. The student may complete the required 120 college credit hours in three semesters or more, depending on transfer and articulation credits. The Bachelor of Science in Nursing program is accredited with the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) and the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
RN to BSN Program Outcomes
- At least 70% of the RN to BSN program students will earn the baccalaureate degree in nursing within five years of initial enrollment;
- At program completion, 70% of RN to BSN prepared graduates will report they are
employed in an appropriate nursing position, have received a promotion or increase in
salary, or are enrolled in further nursing education.
Baccalaureate Student Learning Outcomes (BSNLO’s)
Upon successful completion of the RN to BSN program, the student will
- Integrate professional behavior;
- Apply methods of research and scholarship;
- Apply legal, ethical, and cultural sensitivities practices;
- Demonstrate methods of health maintenance and enhancement; and
- Apply organizational strategies.
Is This For You?
This is a two-year program open to graduates of Associate Degree Nursing programs who hold a current Registered Nursing license. Flexible class schedules fit work and family responsibilities. The program is completely on-line and may be completed in the set three, four, or five semester completion options located in the Information Packet.
First in affordability
- Nationally recognized Mary Ekdahl Smart Center for Patient Simulation Training & Research
- Fully equipped virtual hospital, emergency room and ambulance
- Highly qualified faculty and small classes
- Pensacola State College’s Nursing Program holds national and regional accreditation
Related Career Opportunities
- private practices
- health maintenance organizations
- public health agencies
- primary care clinics
- home health care
- nursing homes
- outpatient surgicenters
- nursing-school-operated nursing centers
- insurance and managed care companies
- mental health agencies
- the military
- nursing education
- health care research
RN to BSN Program Outcomes
- At least 50% of the RN to BSN program students will earn the baccalaureate degree in nursing within five years of initial enrollment;
- At least 70% of the RN to BSN program students, who are not excluded from initial cohort, will earn the baccalaureate degree in nursing within five years of initial enrollment; and
- At program completion, 70% of RN to BSN prepared graduates will report they are employed in an appropriate nursing position, have received a promotion or increase in salary, or are enrolled in further nursing education.
For more information regarding first-year earnings for degree completers and student debt accumulation download or view the Economic Security Report of Employment and Earning Outcomes Click Here, published by the Department of Economic Opportunity.
Escambia/Santa Rosa Counties
Okaloosa / Walton Counties
All Florida Counties