Pensacola State College summer registration is right around the corner and the Student Services department is here to meet students’ needs – virtually.
Summer registration begins April 15 with fall registration set to start June 1.
Current and potential students can still access the Admissions, Advising, Financial Aid and Records departments – though not face-to-face.
Kathy Dutremble, Dean of Student Affairs, said the College is trying to maintain operations as normal as possible and make it easy for students to register for the upcoming terms.
“I am so proud of the Student Affairs staff! They worked together to get all areas up and operating in a totally virtual environment in only a few days,” Dutremble said.
“In order to actively engage with our various student populations, as well as prospective high school students, we have been working with different virtual platforms for several years, so to go totally virtual was not too big a stretch. We continue to focus on serving our students and community as efficiently and effectively as possible and are encouraged by the positive responses,” she said.
• Admissions: Potential students who have not completed a PSC application and have general questions can an email Askus@pensacolastate.edu. For more information, visit www.pensacolastate.edu/admissions, click the live chat button in the lower right-hand corner to reach a member of the College admissions team for assistance. Staff members can also answer calls at 850-484-2000.
• Advising: Virtual advisors are available 7:30 a.m.-4 p.m. Monday-Friday. Current students can call 850-484-1630 or email email@example.com to reach an advisor. For an appointment via QLess, visit www.pensacolastate.edu/pirateq/advising/.
• Financial Aid: The Financial Aid call center is available to assist with questions. The center’s FAVA inbox is being monitored closely to ensure timely responses. Students also can call the center at 850-484-1680 (leave a message if there is no answer), or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Students should monitor their PirateMail for additional requirements.
The Cashier’s Office and Testing Center are closed until further notice. However, students can leave voice messages for someone to respond.
• Cashier’s Office: Staff members in the Cashier’s Office are monitoring phone calls and can be reached at 850-484-1782. If there no answer, please leave a voice message.
• Testing Center: The Testing Center is not taking any appointments at this time. For questions, call 850-484-1656 and leave a voice message. Staffers in the Testing Center will return voicemail messages.
“The Testing Center staff continues to explore ways to operate virtually and recently attended a statewide webinar to learn more about the possibility of holding PERT testing remotely,” Dutremble added.
For more information, visit the College’s COVID-19 response site at www.pensacolastate.edu/COVID19.