Calling All PSC Students:
You could WIN $1,000!
Student Graphic Design Contest
Students at NISOD member colleges are invited to participate in the Student Graphic Design Contest and design the official Conference Program for NISOD’s 2020 International Conference on Teaching and Leadership Excellence, the definitive gathering of community and technical college faculty, administrators, and staff seeking best and promising practices designed to improve student achievement. Currently enrolled PSC students are eligible to participate.
It is at each member college’s discretion how it determines what artwork is submitted to NISOD for consideration.
The winning student artist will receive:
- $1,000 USD
- The winning artwork will serve as the front cover of the 2020 International Conference on Teaching and Leadership Excellence Conference Program.
- Five (5) poster size copies of the winning artwork.
- Winning student artist recognition and unveiling of the winning artwork will take place at the 2019 International Conference on Teaching and Leadership Excellence (May 25-28, 2019, in Austin, Texas), which includes:
- Up to $400 USD toward travel to Austin, Texas.
- Up to three (3) nights lodging (Saturday, Sunday, Monday nights only).
- One (1) complimentary conference registration.
The winning student’s college receives a complimentary membership for the next membership year.
- Submission deadline: February 24, 2019
- Winner notified: March 15, 2019
- Winning artwork unveiled: May 2019
Past Student Graphic Design Contest Winners
- 2018 Student Graphic Design Contest Winner
- 2017 Student Art Contest Winner
- 2016 Student Art Contest Winner
Suggested Theme and Style Guidelines
We are looking for artwork with interesting, fun, bold, fresh, colorful, original, and modern images, yet which honors the legacy of NISOD’s International Conference on Teaching and Leadership Excellence. Keep in mind that the winning artwork will become the 2020 Conference Program front cover, and must also be easily applicable to advertising, brochures, and other applications. If you choose to use community and technical college educators in an illustrated format, our preferences are faculty members in classroom settings. No recognizable students, faculty, administrators, and staff are permitted.
Elements That Must Be Included in the Design
- NISOD’s name and logo (download various formats below)
- “International Conference on Teaching and Leadership Excellence”
- “May 23-26, 2020”
- “Austin, Texas”
What NOT to Include
- No recognizable images of community and technical college students, faculty, administrators, and staff.
- No stock images or clip art, except the NISOD logo.
- No copyrighted work.
- No photos.
- All submissions must be original art/illustrations, except the NISOD logo.
- Burnt orange and white are the official colors and the primary palette used by NISOD and The University of Texas at Austin. Although not required, student graphic artists are strongly encouraged to employ the following distinctive burnt orange color in their artwork:
CMYK: 0, 65, 100, 9 | RGB: 191, 87, 0 | HEX: #BF5700
Click here for additional information.
- All submissions must be minimum 8.5″ W x 11″ H and minimum 300 dpi resolution.
- Accepted file formats include .JPG, .JPEG, .TIF, .TIFF, .EPS
- .TIFF (or .TIF) formats should be flattened
- .EPS formats must have all type converted to vector paths (traced or outlined)
- If chosen as the winner, your original file must be produced in vector format for ease of duplication (layered Illustrator .eps or .ai file)
Download the NISOD logo in various formats:
Preparing Art for Submission
Convert to RGB color space and reduce to max file size of 60 MB.
How to Enter Your Submission
Once your artwork is completed, send it to Krist Lien at firstname.lastname@example.org with Graphic Design Contest in the subject line. If your artwork is selected to move forward to NISOD, he will submit it for you.
The Individual Release and Waiver of Rights form should also be submitted with your artwork to Krist Lien.