Four Pensacola State faculty members have been selected for induction into the college’s Academy of Teaching Excellence. The faculty members are:
- Jeanne Branch, Assistant Professor, Business
- Roberta Harvey, Assistant Professor, Biological Sciences
- Dr. Vasanth Ramachandran, Assistant Professor, Physical Sciences
- Dr. Barbara Reitz, Assistant Professor, Biological Sciences
The Teaching Excellence awards are designed to recognize outstanding classroom instructors who demonstrate sustained teaching excellence as measured by four criteria:
- Demonstrated knowledge of and enthusiasm for subject matter
- Good rapport/relationship with students
- Effective course content and organization, and
- Effective instructional methods.
A reception to honor the faculty members will be held 5-6 p.m. Monday, April 9, in the Student Center, Building 5, on the Pensacola campus. Light refreshments will be served. The reception is complimentary and everyone is invited to attend.
For planning purposes, RSVP to Theresa O’Quinn at ext. 1706 email@example.com.
The Academy of Teaching Excellence induction dinner, prepared by culinary arts students, will begin at 6 p.m. in the Molly McGuire Culinary Dining Room. The cost is $10 per person (cash or check made payable to Pensacola State College), RSVP to O’Quinn at ext. 1706 or email firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, March 23. Seating is limited.