Military veterans may be eligible to receive educational benefits from the Department of Veteran Services. Contact the Veteran Services staff at Pensacola State College to process all required paperwork to ensure all education benefits will be received in a timely manner.

Educational Benefits
  • Montgomery GI Bill – Active Duty (MGIB) (Chapter 30)
  • Montgomery GI Bill – Selected Reserve (Chapter 1606)
  • Post 9/11 GI Bill (Chapter 33)
  • Survivors’ and Dependents’ Educational Assistance Program (DEA) (Chapter 35)
  • Reserve Educational Assistance Program(REAP) (Chapter 1607)
  • Vocational Rehabilitation Program (Chapter 31)

VA Vocational Rehabilitation

VA Vocational Rehabilitation serves students with service-connected disabilities who are attending Pensacola State College. Department of Veterans Affairs pays for tuition, books, supplies, and other items necessary for attendance at Pensacola State College. The Vocational Rehabilitation Program is designed to assist veterans in finding suitable employment.

VA Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment

Veterans FAQs

As a Veteran, how do I obtain help preparing for college?

The Veterans Upward Bound (VUB) program can provide academic and other support services to assist you with preparing for college admission and attendance. The VUB office is located on the Pensacola Campus, Bldg. 6 Rm. 631. For more information 484-2068 or visit the Upward Bound site.

What VA education benefits are available at Pensacola State College?

You may use Chapter 30(Montgomery GI Bill Active Duty), Chapter 31 (Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment), Chapter 35 ( Educational Assistance), Chapter 33 (Post 9/11 GI Bill), Chapter 1606 (Montgomery GI Bill Selected Reserve), or Chapter 1607 (Reserve Educational Assistance Program) education benefits. See

How do I apply for VA benefits?

You must apply for all chapters of VA education benefits at After applying, you must request that your enrollment at Pensacola State College be certified to the VA by submitting a Pensacola State College VA Certification Request form to the Veteran Services office on any campus. Certification cannot be processed without this signed request. You may obtain all required forms for certification of benefits through the Veteran Services office on any campus. VA education forms are available at

May I use my Chapter 31, VA Vocational Rehabilitation & Employment benefits?

Prior to registering for any classes, you must make sure that your VA VR&E counselor has provided the required documents to Pensacola State College’s District Office of Veteran Services office at the Pensacola campus. After the required documents are received, verified, and processed, you will be permitted to charge tuition, fees, books, and supplies against your eligible benefits.

I'm eligible for VA benefits. How do I obtain a deferment of tuition and fees?

Florida law allows Pensacola State College to issue a deferment (postponement) of tuition and fees once each academic year for Chapter 30, 35, 1606, 1607 VA students and once per semester for Chapter 33 VA students. You may apply for the deferment by providing a copy of your fee schedule to the Veteran Services office on any campus. The deferment is a promissory note which will be notarized. The deferment must be repaid regardless of the status of your receipt of VA benefits.

Where can I find more VA information?