Adult Education Adult Basic Ed (ABE) InformationView Course Requirements
Contact a Pensacola State College Advisor or this program's Department Head for assistance in planning your program of study.
Documents & Links
by the Department of Economic Opportunity
- Testing | PSC Test Preparation: FSA/PERT/ACT/SAT/GED/ASVAB
- Testing | ACT
- Testing | SAT
- Testing | PERT Study Guide
- Testing | March2Success: ACT/SAT/ASVAB Study Guides
Search For Another Program
Introduction to the Adult Education Adult Basic Ed (ABE) Program
The Adult Education Department offers classes for any adult who wants to improve his or her basic academic skills, prepare for the GED Examinations, or learn English. The program offers the following:
- Non-credit classes for adults who are at least 18 years of age.
- Convenient class locations throughout the community and on all Pensacola State College campuses.
- Managed enrollment: call for appointment 850.484.2120.
- Morning, afternoon, and evening classes.
Tuition – Florida law requires all students (Florida Residents, Alabama Residents and all other out-of state students) to pay $30 per semester.
The Adult Education Department provides several options for students:
- Adult Basic Education classes are provided for adults whose academic skills are below ninth grade level. The program covers basic reading, math, and language skills. Pre-GED review, family literacy, workforce readiness, and life coping skills may also be addressed.
- General Education Development (GED) classes are offered for students who do not have a high school diploma and whose academic skills are at or above ninth grade level. Classes prepare students for all areas of the GED Examinations.
- English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) classes are available for non-native speakers of English who wish to improve their English language skills. Everyday survival skills and a basic knowledge of the English language are covered.
The GED Examinations are offered at the Test Center on the Pensacola campus. For information about test registration and fees, call the Test Center at (850) 484-1656 or visit GED.com.