The mission of the Continuing Education Unit is to be a strong link between the college and community by offering courses and programs for lifelong learning, recreation and leisure, and cultural events at a reasonable price and convenient to students of all ages.
Register in Person
- You may register in person at any of the following locations:
- Registration Center, Pensacola Campus; Building 2
- Student Services Office; Warrington Campus; Building 3600
- Student Services Office, Milton Campus; Building 4200
- Complete the registration form at the registration area or bring a completed form with you.
- After you register on one of the campuses and pay your fees, you will receive your schedule.
- In-person registration is available throughout the semester.
- Continuing Education Registration Form – please download, print, complete and bring with you to any Pensacola State College campus or site.
Register Using Mail
- To register by mail, complete all sections of the Continuing Education Registration Form.
- Mail the completed form with your payment (do not send cash) to:
Pensacola State College Cashier’s Office
1000 College Boulevard
Pensacola, Florida 32504-8998.
- Your schedule will be mailed to you.
Register Using Night Depository
- The night depository can be used on the Pensacola campus (Bldg. 2) any time and on the
Milton (Bldg. 4200) and Warrington (Bldg. 3600) campuses until 9 p.m. Monday – Thursday.
- Complete a Continuing Education Registration Form
- Place it in the night depository with payment (no cash).
- Payment must be by check, money order, American Express, VISA or MasterCard.
- Your schedule will be mailed to you.
For assistance, contact
Continuing Education Office
The Continuing Education Department offers a variety of driver improvement courses! These courses comply with section 318.1451 Florida Statute.
- Motorcycle Safety Foundation Basic Rider Course – 15 hours; This course is designed for drivers that wish to obtain their motorcycle endorsement. Offered every weekend on Pensacola campus
- ONLINE COURSES: (These courses are taught on-line using American Safety Council Instructors and curriculum.)
- Advanced Driver Improvement (ADI) – 12 hours; This course is designed for drivers that have a suspended and/or revoked driver’s license due to multiple traffic citations.
- Basic Driver Improvement (BDI) – 4 hours; This course is designed for drivers who have received a minor traffic citation. Note: Students must have their citation number and driver’s license accessible.
- First-Time Driver’s Course– 4 hours; This course is designed to familiarize first-time drivers with lawful and courteous driving habits. Meets the requirements for TLSAE.
- Judge Ordered Traffic Course – 8 hours; This course will fulfill the requirement of a 8-hour traffic class that a court or judge has ordered.
- Mature Driver Course – 6 hours; This course is designed for drivers over 55 with a Florida Driver’s License to save money on car insurance by taking a 6-hour prevention course.
For more information, contact Continuing Education office at (850)484-1797 or at email@example.com Please note: We DO NOT have any “Behind the Wheel” driving courses
Pensacola State College Gymnastics offers professional gymnastics instruction to students in Pensacola and the surrounding communities. The classes are offered to boys and girls ages 18 months through adults. Classes are limited to 6 or 8 students depending on the level of instruction.
The main focus of the program is to teach students gymnastics in a safe and positive environment. The classes focus on introductory level skills and progressively become more difficult. The coaches move students through the levels according to each child’s own ability level. The coaches are CPR and first aid certified and required to be instructor members of USA Gymnastics, the governing body of the Junior Olympic Program.
For more information, please call 484-1319.
Our office hours are:
Monday – Friday 9:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
You may also call 484-1797 Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Our Pre-School program is for boys and girls ages 18 months–5 years old. Lesson plans are based around building basic locomotion, coordination, and motor skills on equipment designed specifically for your child’s little hands and feet!
Parent Assisted classes are designed for children 18 months through two and a half years old. These children must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times. The main focus of the class is to teach the children in a positive, safe and, “mommy-secure” environment. The students work on eye-hand coordination, motor skills, strength, agility, and body awareness with the aid of their parents. The equipment used is smaller and designed specifically for preschoolers. This is a wonderful experience to bond with your toddler outside of the home.
Tiny Tumblers classes are designed for children three and four years of age with a student/teacher ratio of no more than 6:1. The focus of the class is similar to the Parent Assistant in that it is a positive learning experience while working on basic motor skills, eye-hand coordination, strength, agility, social skills, and the very beginning of gymnastics skills. Parents are highly encouraged to be present and watch each class; however, they are no longer allowed to be on the equipment or coach their child during class. The children now work on all four gymnastics events, modified for their age and height, set up in preschool rooms separate from the large gym to ensure safety.
Kindergym is designed for children five years old. This class in taught in the same manner and dedicated rooms as the Tiny Tumblers course. We feel that there is quite a leap in brain function and body awareness at this age, allowing the focus of the class to introduce more gymnastics skills. Children learn more strength, agility, basic loco motor and non-loco motor skills in a safe and fun atmosphere. These classes have no more than 6:1 student/teacher ratio.
Advanced Kindergym class which is Permission Only. Children will be asked to join this class and must have a registration form signed by the Gymnastics Coordinator to sign up. This class is in junction with the USAG standards. We see potential in these children to learn developmental skills (both behavioral and physical) in hopes they will join our competitive team in the future.
Our recreational program serves as a good foundation to gymnastics and all other sports. Lesson plans are designed to offer basic knowledge of gymnastics and teach the fundamentals of each apparatus while improving flexibility, agility, coordination, and self-confidence. Each child progresses through the levels at their own rate.
Level 1 classes are for girls ages six and up. This course is required for those who have never done gymnastics before. Girls will begin learning basic shapes and drills to develop strength before jumping into major skills. This class is a great chance for the kids to begin learning the gymnastics lingo and basic “gym etiquette”. Level 1 is an intro to gymnastics and cannot be rushed or taken lightly. It is normal to stay in this level for several terms before the gymnast is ready and comfortable to begin progressing to higher levels.
Levels 2, 3, and 4
Levels 2, 3, and 4 are for girls ages six and up. These levels are geared for children who have completed Level 1 and have now been placed in a level according to skills. Age will not determine the level of each child. Coaches have skill sheets specific to each level and work on ensuring the girls can safely perform every skill before recommending a higher level. If they have completed Level 1 at another gym, please call us and we may be able to determine what level they need to be in over the phone. If we believe your child is a fit for a Permission Only class, we will schedule a time for you to come in to test your child’s skills and appropriately place them in a class.
Level 5/6 is a Permission Only class. Children will be asked to join this class and must have a registration form signed by the Gymnastics Coordinator to sign up. This is a two hour course offered once a week. Girls will be working on higher level skills, enduring more challenging conditioning, and following “competitive” like lesson plans.
What if my child has never taken gymnastics?
If they have never taken gymnastics before and are ages 6 and older, they should sign up for Girls Level 1, Boys Level 1-3, or Beginner Cheerleading depending on the child’s focus. Ages 18 month – 2 years will sign up for Parent Assistant. Ages 3-4 will sign up for Tiny Tumblers. Age 5 will sign up for Kindergym. You will not be allowed to sign up for a Permission Only class until they have gone through one of these courses first.
If they have taken gymnastics before, call us and we may be able to determine what level they need to be in over the phone. If we believe your child is a fit for a Permission Only class, we will schedule a time for you to come in to test your child’s skills and appropriately place them in a class.
Can I sign my child up for a class that is not in their age group?
No, all children must be in a class that is appropriate for their age as listed in the course schedule. If your child has a birthday before the fourth class meeting then they may go into the class that is appropriate for the age they will be turning.
How do I register?
If you have registered online in the past, type in your child’s student number or social security number and PIN. If you have not registered online in the past, click on the “Register Now” button on this page and follow prompts to complete the registration process and pay for the classes.
Be sure to always use your child’s social or student ID. You CANNOT register with your own information. You MUST use participant’s name and identification
Log onto www.pensacolastate.edu and click on “SPYGLASS”.
There are two start dates. Which one do I choose?
There are two terms shown under each section. Depending on which term you are signing up for choose the appropriate start date on the list.
Intermediate Cheerleading – Ages 6-9
Course: (8 hours)
|01/13 – 03/03||4 p.m.–4:55 p.m. T||PEN||1903||$90|
|01/14- 03/04||5 p.m.–5:55 p.m. W||PEN||1903||$90|
|03/10 – 05/05||4 p.m.–4:55 p.m. T||PEN||1903||$90|
|03/11- 05/06||5 p.m.–5:55 p.m. W||PEN||1903||$90|
Why am I not allowed to sign up for a class if it is showing it is offered?
The class you are trying to sign up for is either a Permission Only class or the class is already full to its maximum and these cannot be overbooked to ensure proper student/teacher ratio.
Where are you located?
We are located on the Pensacola State College main campus in Building 19 directly in front of the track with our own parking lot. PSC Map
What should my child wear?
Gymnastics class students should wear athletic type clothing with no buttons or zippers. Leotards are available for sale at the gym if they would like to wear one. Shirts should be tucked in. No shoes needed. No big ear rings and no rings or bracelets. Hair should be pulled back and out of child’s face.
Cheerleaders and tumbling classes should were athletic clothing and a shirt tucked in. Please no oversized t-shirts; it is unsafe while being spotted. They can go with or without cheer shoes
For Ages 6 years old – 12 years old
We are looking forward to providing you with a summer of quality courses that are fun, interesting, and challenging. Please be assured that Kids’ College students will be supervised at all times — in class, out of class, changing of classes, and during lunch. Thank you for choosing Kids’ College for fun, interesting, and challenging courses for your children this summer. If you have any questions please call our office at 850-484-1797, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Requirements To Participate
- Kids’ College is from 8 a.m.–4:45 p.m. each day in separate age groupings.
- Choose one course in each time slot.
- Drop off 7–8 a.m. and pick up by 5:30 p.m. (no extra fee).
- A minimum enrollment requirement is needed in order for class to make.
- Class enrollment will be limited to insure quality of instruction.
- Parents will need to come into Building 96 to sign students in and out of Kids’ College.
- Anyone picking up a child must present a picture I.D. in order to sign out students.
Transportation for Escambia County Parents (or other adults designated by parent) are responsible for drop-off and pick up for their children. Parents may drop-off their children as early as 7:00 a.m. and must pick up their children no later than 5:30 p.m. from the Kids’ College Headquarters, Building 96.
Cancellation — All Kids’ College courses are self-supporting and must have a minimum number of students in order for courses to meet. The College reserves the right to cancel any class that does not meet the minimum enrollment requirements.
Age — Students must be at least 6 years old to enroll and must have attended Kindergarten. All students must be between 6 and 12 years of age during the dates of the program.
Lunch Break — Plan to bring or purchase lunch each full day of classes. Supervised lunch will be from noon until 12:45 p.m. each day. Students can purchase a lunch at a nominal fee from Subway. Orders and payments need to be placed online at www.subway.com the night before or in the morning by 9 a.m., each day to store #51296. Subway lunches will be ready for students when they arrive in the Student Center, 1000 College Blvd., bldg. 5.
Snacks — Students are encouraged to bring snacks and bottled water. They need them in containers that they must carry throughout the day.
Refunds — All requests for refunds must be received in the Continuing Education Office in writing prior to the beginning of the 2nd class.
Tax Information — Pensacola State is an educational institution. We are not a registered daycare provider; therefore we cannot furnish you with a daycare provider number for tax purposes. The taxpayer identification number for Pensacola State College is 59-1207555.
Suggestions For Success
- Children should wear comfortable play clothes that are easily cleaned.
- Talk with your child about safety issues.
- If this is your child’s first experience at Pensacola State College, we suggest that you visit the campus before the classes start.
- Give your child a written list of their classes.
Students must be at least 10 years old and have had a minimum of one year’s experience in the styles of dance for which they are enrolled with the exception of Theatre Dance, Hip Hop, Contemporary/Modern. One year’s experience in any style of dance makes the student eligible.
To provide you the best possible learning experience and keep the dance floors from becoming overcrowded, we request that you dance in classes within your level of experience. We will hold placement classes on Monday, June 20 to determine your level of proficiency. Dance faculty will determine dancer’s level based on ability in the Ballet and Jazz placement classes. All discussions regarding placement/class levels will be between the student and Workshop Faculty. Placement classes will be closed to observers. With your cooperation, everyone will have a good experience.
The PSC Summer Dance Workshop is designed to give the student a “college experience.” All of our classes are scheduled for 1 hour 15 minutes with a 15 minute break in between, much like our regular year-round academic courses. All buildings on campus are also within close proximity — a very brief walk between buildings.
There is no video recording of dance
classes without prior permission of the workshop instructor.
Dancers should dress appropriately for classes they are attending. Have the proper shoes, clothes and hair for each class. Example: Leotard and tights should be worn for ballet class and hair should be up. Skirts are allowed for ballet. Show respect for the instructor by being dressed and ready for class on time.
When registering by mail, allow time to receive your schedule by return mail. You need this to obtain your workshop ID. Payment must accompany your mail-in registration (April 18–June 13). If you miss the mail-in deadline, register at the workshop.
On-site registration continues through the week of the workshop and is only held in the Admissions/Registration Office, Building 2.
If you do not meet the mail-in deadline
and must register at the workshop, follow these directions:
- Go directly to Admissions/Registration, Building 2, to enroll and proceed to the Cashier’s Office to pay for classes.
- Take the schedule you receive from Admissions/Registration to the Hartsell Arena, Building 3, to receive your workshop ID entry cards and folder. This applies to observers as well as dancers.
- Proceed to classes according to your schedule. If you do not arrive early enough for orientation on the first day or arrive later in the week, once admitted, go directly to the Hartsell Arena, Building 3.
To receive a refund for Summer Dance Workshop, students must withdraw prior to the second scheduled class meeting. Requests for refunds beyond this criterion
will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Call 850-484-1797.
The Aquatics Program at Pensacola State College offers a wide variety of classes Monday through Saturday. Students may work at their own ability while enjoying the water environment. All aquatic classes are offered under the supervision of the Continuing Education Department. Classes are water exercise in the shallow and deep end of the pool, lap swimming with a coach, swim lessons for adults and children, and lifeguard training classes. Registration is required for all classes.
Registration for classes (required for all courses):
- On the internet: Click “Register Now” option.
- Walk In: Register in person at any Pensacola State college campus Registration Office between 7:30am-4:00pm.
- Mail In: Mail your completed Continuing Education registration form, with payment information (do not send cash) to: Pensacola State College Cashier Office, 1000 College Blvd., Pensacola, FL 32504
Do you have a passion and a specific skill you want to share? If you are interested and would like to learn more about instructional opportunities with Continuing Education, please call 850-484-1797.
Send resume and course proposal to:
Recreation and Leisure – Continuing Education
1000 College Boulevard, Building 96
Pensacola, Florida 32504
Email to: email@example.com