- When: Sunday, December 15, 2013, 3:00 pm
- Place: Pensacola Bay Center (formerly known as the Pensacola Civic Center)
- Contact: (850) 484-1503 for further information
There is no rehearsal prior to the ceremony. Please assemble dressed in cap and gown at the Pensacola Bay Center no later than 45 minutes prior to the start of the ceremony. Caps and Gowns will be available during the Fall semester, please check your PirateMail for updated information and dates for purchase from the bookstore. If you require special accommodations for the ceremony (wheelchair access, interpreter, etc.) please contact Kathy Dutremble at 850-484-2076.
For more information call 850-484-1503.PLEASE NOTE: Please note Pensacola State does not conduct summer graduation ceremonies. Students eligible for summer graduation may choose to march in the spring ceremony or the fall ceremony in December. Names of summer graduates will be printed in the commencement program for the spring and fall.
- In order to participate in the Commencement Ceremony, you must have a graduation application on file with the Office of the Registrar.
- Students are to apply for graduation online through their Spyglass records on www.pensacolastate.edu. Click on the Spyglass icon, sign in to the Spyglass record, and click on the blue menu button (third from bottom) titled “Apply to Graduate.”There is no limit to the number of guests you can invite.
- There is no dress code, but we ask that you dress appropriately.
All graduates should arrive no later than 45 minutes prior to the start of the ceremony and park in the east parking lot. After parking, proceed up the ramp and enter the building on the third level. Graduates should take the elevator or stairs down to the first level and follow signs to their respective assembly areas. Friends and family members cannot accompany you to the first level. Ushers will be in the area to provide assistance.
The following items will be available for purchase in the Pensacola State Bookstores:
- Generic Announcements $1.50 each plus tax. Students who would like personalized invitations may order them now at
- *Non-Baccalaureate Cap/Gown/Tassel $33.00 plus tax
- *Baccalaureate Cap/Gown/Tassel $39.00 plus tax. Baccalaureate gowns are ordered by height. Please visit the bookstore 4 weeks prior to the ceremony.
- Honor Cords $13.00 plus tax
- Veteran Student Spirit Cords: $13.00 plus tax
- Gown Colors:
- Bachelor of Applied Science and Bachelor of Science graduates wear black gowns.
- Associate in Arts, Associate in Science and Associate in Applied Science graduates wear green gowns.
- Advanced Technical Diploma, Certificate and Vocational Certificate graduates wear navy blue gowns.
- General Education Development graduates wear royal blue gowns.
- Collegiate High School graduates wear white gowns.
When do I apply to graduate?
Students anticipating graduation are encouraged to apply for graduation one term in advance. However, graduation applications will be accepted at any time. The application deadline is established to ensure the inclusion of the graduate’s name in the commencement program.
How do I apply to graduate?
Students are to apply for graduation online through their Spyglass records on www.pensacolastate.edu. Click on the Spyglass icon, sign in to the Spyglass record, and click on the blue menu button titled “Apply to Graduate.”
What are my specific requirement for graduation?
The degree audit, also available through Spyglass, is an excellent resource for viewing graduation requirements. Students are encouraged to review the degree audit with an advisor. The use of www.FLVC.org will provide good information regarding the requirements in place at the state universities in order to ensure completion of appropriate prerequisite courses for the student’s choice of university program.
When is graduation?
Pensacola State College holds two Commencement Ceremonies, Fall (December) and Spring (May). Students graduating at the end of the Summer Term are encouraged to celebrate their intended graduation by participating in either the Fall (December) or Spring (May) Commencement Ceremony.
Important information about graduation from the Registrar's Office:
- All financial obligations to the College, including parking and library fines, must be satisfied prior to graduation.
- All admissions requirements must be completed prior to graduation.
- Graduation eligibility will be reviewed by the Registrar’s Office, and students will be notified of any deficiencies within two weeks after submitting the graduation application.
- Information about the Fall (December) or Spring (May) Commencement Ceremony (to include cap and gown information) will be provided by Enrollment Services. Questions about the ceremony should be directed to Enrollment Services by telephoning 850.484.2076.
- Diplomas will be mailed from the Registrar’s Office approximately three weeks after the end of the term in order to provide time for a final review of graduation requirements.
- Diplomas will not be mailed to students with outstanding obligations to the College (see first item above).
- Graduation Requirements: please be sure to discuss these requirements with an advisor or view the information on the graduation requirements page.
- More about Graduation in the College Catalog