Veterans Upward Bound
The Pensacola State College Veterans Upward Bound program is sponsored by the U.S. Department of Education and offers to eligible veterans free of charge:
- Educational assistance with pre-college or GED courses for entry into higher education.
- Advising, instruction, textbooks, supplies and a monthly stipend.
- Workshops, self-paced computer tutorials, individualized tutoring and classroom-based instruction.
Veterans must meet the following criteria:
- Be a first-generation college student (neither parent earned a 4-year degree) or classified as low-income (based on family income and number of dependents).
- Discharge must have been other than dishonorable.
- Served your country for at least 181 days, or if less than 181 days, must have been released for medical reasons.
- To promote the development, improvement and extension of opportunities to any eligible veteran for his/her development to its fullest potential through: a) Needs assessment, identification and resolution and b) Seeking of the best educational services through community and school organizations from a local to national level.
- To challenge all staff to improve veterans‚Äô educational opportunities and services through knowledge sharing while upholding a high standard of service.
- To actively pursue partnerships with individuals, organizations and communities that share similar goals.
- To encourage research and publication of topics related to veterans education.