Robinson Honors Program
The Pensacola State College Honors Program awakens students to a whole new world of opportunities for personal and intellectual growth. The program offers academically gifted students a challenging core curriculum taught by some of the college's finest faculty. This integrated program of study will examine the connections and relationships between the arts and sciences.
Solidly based in the traditional areas of
study, Honors courses will stress critical thinking skills, reading, writing,
and speaking skills, all in a collaborative learning environment. Thus, students
will be part of a community of scholars building relationships with faculty as
well as fellow students.
In addition to the interdisciplinary core courses, students may choose Honors courses in various other areas which will fulfill the general education requirements or prerequisites for majors in specific fields. Participation in the program will not add to the number of courses required for the A.A. degree.
Honors Program Offers
- Experiential learning
- Challenging classroom environment
- Seminars, field trips, scholarships
- Study abroad program
- Emphasis upon critical thinking, individuality, originality and participative learning
Honors Program Criteria and Requirements
Robinson Honors Program Requirements and Criteria
Criteria for Honors Students
Students who desire to participate in the Robinson Honors Program must meet any one of the following criteria:
- 3.5 GPA at end of first semester senior year, eligible to enroll in ENC 1101, MAC 1105 and have no reading requirement.
- Qualifying test scores in either the ACT, SAT or CPT as follows:
- ACT minimum scores of 23 in Reading, Math and English.
- SAT minimum scores of 550 in Verbal (Reading/English) and Quantitative (Math).
- CPT minimum score of 100 in Reading, 103 in English and 113 in Algebra.
Requirements for Honors Students
- Maintain 3.2 GPA in honors courses
- Maintain an overall GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Twelve credit hours of degree requirement must be comprised of honors courses
Robinson Honors Program Study Abroad
Pensacola State College Honors students will have the opportunity to
travel to England to participate in the Cambridge International Summer
School Program. This program attracts students of all ages from
all over the world. Students participate in summer schools of science, history,
art history, Shakespeare, English literature, Medieval studies, or English legal
The University of Cambridge is one of the oldest universities in the world and one of the United Kingdom's largest institutions of high learning. The university's reputation for outstanding academic achievement and world-class original research is known worldwide and reflects the intellectual achievement of its students.
All information and arrangements regarding the Robinson Honors Program Study Abroad must be obtained through the Honors Program at Pensacola State College; however, students might want to visit the University of Cambridge International Summer School website to get an overview of this challenging summer program.
Office Location and Telephone