|Home :: Visitors :: College Dateline|
1985Pensacola Junior College’s new Milton campus opens on Highway 90 and offers special programs in forestry, agriculture, horticulture and wildlife ecology.
PJC begins offering full-time classes and student services at its Naval Air Station Center aboard Pensacola Naval Air Station.
1989 PJC opens the Downtown Center and offers a variety of programs primarily for the local business community.
1994 Kugelman Center for Telecommunications becomes the new home for WSRE, PBS for the Gulf Coast, and includes the area’s first digital television production studio.
1996The Margaret Moore Nickelsen Endowed Teaching Chair
for Health Sciences is established as PJC’s first endowed
Downtown Center opens in a new, multi-story permanent site on West Garden Street.
The University of Florida begins a bachelor’s degree program that allows PJC students to complete their upper level courses at the Milton campus.
1997 PJC purchases its first patient simulator, an adult model named Frankie.
1998To commemorate the college’s 50th anniversary, the Menge Bell Tower is built on the Pensacola campus. The 80-foot carillon honors M.J. Menge, a 1956 graduate and long-time friend of the college.