Are you a veteran of the United States military services? Are you in need of assistance getting through college? If so, our program may be right for you. The goal of TRIO-Veterans Student Support Services is to help qualified veterans achieve success at Pensacola State College.
TRiO-Veteran Student Support Services offers an array of services to assist you in meeting your academic goals.
By joining our program you will have access to exclusive services that include one-on-one academic tutoring and your personal Academic Advisor/Life Skills Counselor. Your counselor can help you with career choices, degree plans, class schedules, applying for financial aid and even transferring to a four year college institution. Your counselor is also available to assist with social or personal issues that may impact your college success. We want to be your ‘family’ on campus and will do whatever we can to help you reach your goals.
Students served by TRIO Veterans Student Support Services must be U.S. military veterans whose discharge was other than dishonorable and are enrolled or accepted for enrollment at Pensacola State College and meet at least one of the following criteria:
- First Generation College Student: neither parent has earned a four year college degree.
- Low Income: as established by the current-year Federal TRIO low income levels.
- Disability: a physical or learning disability that requires special accommodations for the student to succeed academically.
- Evidence of academic need: as determined the TRIO- Veterans Student Support Services during the student’s application process.
Advising and Counseling
- Academic advising
- Career counseling
- Financial aid counseling
- Personal counseling
- Transfer counseling
- Educational Videos
Learning Lab Peer Tutoring
- Assistance with most general studies subjects
- Individual and group tutoring provided by professional staff
- Computer access
Cultural Field Trips
- Free field trips to broaden life experience
- Four-year college campus visits
- Active TRiO-VSSS Pell Grant funded students can apply for supplemental grant aid.
Veterans Student Support Services
The Veterans Student Support Services office is located in Building 6, Room 658 on Pensacola State College’s
Bill Tice, Director
Rhonda Duryea, Academic Advisor
Janice Walker, Administrative Assistant/ Recruitment and Retention Specialist