Students interested in applying for the Pensacola Pledge Scholars program must meet the following requirements:
- Resident within the city limits of Pensacola
- Graduate from an Escambia County public high school the same year as college entrance
- First Time in College designated student
- Apply for admission by March 1 to Pensacola State or UWF and be admitted for the fall semester
- Submit a Pensacola Pledge Scholars application, two letters of recommendation and a 500-word essay on "what being a citizen of Pensacola means to me" by April 1 to the appropriate institution*
*Late admission and scholarship applications will be considered pending availability of funds for a later round of screening.
In order to maintain eligibility, scholars must meet the following renewal criteria:
- Maintain full time status (12 hours) at Pensacola State or UWF
- Maintain a combined college 3.0 GPA or higher
- Complete a minimum of 25 hours of community service per academic year in the Escambia County School District Mentoring Program
The Pensacola Pledge Scholars program is available to accepted students for up to eight undergraduate semesters (four years) and is transferable from Pensacola State to UWF.
This scholarship program will award eligible recipients attending Pensacola State $1,200 per academic year and those attending UWF $2,000 per academic year.